R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Ta06
Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
silverhkswrx
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by red7fifty
Tamiya makes two different sets of springs Soft set (3 rates)
and Hard set (4 different rates)
As for as I know (and comparing the kit supplied White w/ Yellow Med spring)
it compares to the Med Yellow Hard set in this kit:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53440
(nevermind the outdated black and white photo)
From that kit, you have red, softer, and blue stiffer, and other white, more stiffer.
I have a set that I bring with me to an indoor carpet track, but, have not used anything other than the kit springs.

I drove an RC car on the High School tennis court once, lots of grip, but really upsets the P.E. teachers!

As far as gearing in your application, I would probably start with the 28t, (from the 28 and 29t set) A safer approach (as per your manual with the motor) would be to start with the 26t (from the 26 and 27t set)

Check the motor temp after a few minutes, and the length of a race, and adjust according.
what body are you running? (IFS or not) If IFS, you can run a stiffer spring out back to compensate for the additional downforce the IFS body creates. (but your car will understeer a tad) I actualy bought the TRF rear damper cups to give me the flexability to run different springs. I was using the TRF rear cups with the Rayspeed white springs (I thinkt he Tamiya yellows are 14 and the blues are 17, the Rayspeeds are around 15.5)