Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 PM
MDawson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
Mark, can you give us your feedback on the EXOTEK hard chassis....Thanks
These was part of my last set of notes to MikeR. Took out all of the 'mushy.... I love this chassis so much dialog'

Essentially, the combination of the Exotek HARD and Arts setup from IIC were right combination of car that had great tunability, consistent fast laps and most of all great feel for carpet even when the bite was at its greatest. I was happy that I always had a great feel for a car that didnt stall mid-turn but also didnt dig in when the bite came up regardless of the OG32, Jaco Blue or Solaris tires. After some period of getting a setup dialed in, I found that the chassis was even more responsive with the firmer chassis.

Out of the box, I was always challenged with finding a great carpet setup for the car. Had a killer outdoor season with the car but dreaded coming back to the carpet with it. I hooked back up with Exotek. Mike has done some great work for me over the years. It was not only essential to getting the perfect cut and finish but using the right material.

You will find the Exotek HARD will complement the 417 especially for the carpet season. Some folks have made the stock setup highly competitive on carpet. For the rest of us, there is a chassis that can help get you dialed in sooner.