R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:07 PM
hopsing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
First race with the 210 last night and I can say I'm happy with the purchase. Car was easy to drive and behaved well despite the lack of setup help. The big thing I noticed was the massive down travel this has out of the box. I think this really gives the impression of massive traction and the ability to flat land off any jump without being upset. If you race on a smooth high bite track it makes for a lazy handling car. I do like the ability to to use the droop screws for quick adjustments but they are not really easy to use as the angles required to access them might require a ball driver or removal of camber links. The diff is a dream. Built completely stock and with the help of this thread I can say its a big plus. After 12 packs last night on a high bite track with a mod motor its still butter.

One the minus side I did pop a few ball cups. I used the older style cups and lost the steering links only. I think the lack of servo saver may be a factor. I'm not complaining to much as I think the ackerman rack would have been broken if I had a more durable ballcup. I also had massive bump steer and was baffled until I noticed I had the ackerman ballstuds on upside down for most of the day.

One my wish list would be a longer chassis and a much beefier rear shock tower and steering rack. That thing has some flex.
Awesome to hear!

On the note about ballcups....I still use the HD ones that come with the 210, and after near 25 battery packs, have yet to pop one off and can adjust mine while on the car still with no issues.

Carbon fiber rear shock towers and ackerman links are available if it suits you from a few different sources, and there is also an aluminum ackerman link available from Racers Edge.

Not sure about needing a longer chassis though, I kind of wondered why the car wasnt longer from the start but after driving it, I cant see why it would need to be. The car has traction, steering and stability what else do you need!