R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 11-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Magnet Top
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Was this with both left and right hand turns?

How was your up-travel on your arms? Was there any slop before the dampener engaged? Curious if all 4 had the same 'feel' on uptravel .
Mark,

I believe it was both right and left. And this was with the stiff upper deck meant for foam tires ( as Oleg explained previously ) so it didn't concern me. I was running on rubber tires on ozite carpet. Once I cut the deck the car was very stable. We do have one large bump on a high speed sweeper that makes every TC unstable and unpredictable. The A700 handles the dots very nicely, but this one bump even it cannot handle. It is possible that cars, going over this bump ,with gear diffs are having more of an issue than the ones with traditional ball differentials!?

I just checked, the up stop allows the tires to get to the bottom of the chassis. Maybe I should allow a bit more. Good point. ( or am I misunderstanding your use of the term "up travel" )

Yes, I noticed the bit of slop ( on two corners ) before the spring and damper engage at full droop. I discussed it with a buddy last night and we both thought SPR02 could be "adjusted" ( bent ) a bit to remedy this. Also my friend suggested a piece of shrink wrap around ST05 could reduce the free play at full droop.

Tomorrow I'll have a rare test only day due to Thanksgiving. If anybody has any suggestions or variations ( from Ivan's setup ) on med-high bite carpet I'd love to hear them. Things that work and even things that don't work that I should avoid !

Cheers,

Jake