R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Infinite 12th
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Oh, I thought for sure that was you that hit the Gaterade bottle. I remember you kept saying I hit somthing hard down the straight and thats all I remember seeing. I will never forget that, I was almost crying, laughing when I saw that. As to your Top shock problem, I had the same thing happen. I even read an article about shimming the dampner behind a e-clip. Tried it and it didn't work. I decided to scrap it and I did some custom stuff and put an associated shock in. No more weird shock gap! I am curious to see how that is going to help my handling. Cookies were made with crack!
Crack

No wonder they we're so popular ...lol

I'm not sure how much a little top shock piston slop would affect a totally dialed car but I took the thinnest castor shim and choped off the part that latches onto the caster rod then I sanded it til it was super thin then popped it onto the shock shaft and the placed the piston on and then the e-clip and no more play. I'm not going to spend 5 dollars on some exotic thin very small washer

I've basically rebuilt the whole car and it's ready for another go at it

I'm even going to try the wide ft end and with Dbl pink/pink going to find the right springs for my style for ft, rear and top

My droop in back seems ok not sure what droop to put in ft nor how to do it with such stiff springs but I think it's less crucial in ft than in rear cause of weight. Also not sure what weight I want to try in top shock but other than that not sure what else to be in consideration of besides what RBF said with black ft and yellow rear

Can't wait to pay off my speedo next week because I can buy a charger

I think I'll get this kind of charger

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext