Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Josh-n-ya
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
That was my point I think I was trying to make also

Well gatorade bottles don't bend TOP axles so I know it was someone else who hit the bottle plus Steve asked me if in hitting his car did I break cause I pulled over one lap after that incident. I will try to hit the gatorade bottle next time as to not cause so much damage to my car

Thanks for the positivity as I need it while I'm experimenting with what setup is going to work for me. I've got an extra set of tires to also test Dbl pink/pink so that will help me too. I fixed the slop in the top shock and widened the rear end as it was quite narrow. These link cars are a little different than the 4-cell based cars as are they much lighter now

Because transportation doesn't run late on wednsdays I will ask around if anyone is passing through Oakland to share a ride. I got gas money and am one block from the freeway so it will hardly be out of someone's way if they are passing through downtown oakland

See you in the 12th mod heat

p.s. Were those "special" cookies or regualar
Oh, I thought for sure that was you that hit the Gaterade bottle. I remember you kept saying I hit somthing hard down the straight and thats all I remember seeing. I will never forget that, I was almost crying, laughing when I saw that. As to your Top shock problem, I had the same thing happen. I even read an article about shimming the dampner behind a e-clip. Tried it and it didn't work. I decided to scrap it and I did some custom stuff and put an associated shock in. No more weird shock gap! I am curious to see how that is going to help my handling. Cookies were made with crack!