View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 09:48 PM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
WTH that is so insane

The guy who owned CH was interesting guy

Always saying I couldn't win sedan as well as 12th and I met the challenge every time even in a borrowed sedan car

I think he hated the fact that I used my win certificate to pay for the next race and that I was dead poor with the crappiest of equipment driving my rust bucket two hours from phoenix to Tuscon once a week

Lonny would remember

Wonder if it was the same guy ...lol
Quaid is still the owner of Comp and as far as I know he always was. He actually bought a touring car so we can run some rubber tire, that will be a hoot. We were finally able to clean the carpet out enough and put in the laps to get the groove back up, so it will be fun.

The explaination I got about the three-race tire thing was that the decision to have dry sandy dirt was based on some kind of "we aren't learning anything about chassis development here" argument. The slicks were so grippy that we mainly fought traction rolling and anything that was good on that wasn't much scratch anywhere else, so something happened and the track was dried out, I think sand was added, and now it takes no grove at all and burns tires like you wouldn't believe. Oh well, doesn't bother me anymore, that's why I run on the other side of the drivers stand.