R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Rodarbal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

So I'm pretty certain I'm going to order a Zero S. I've skimmed through this thread, but admittedly haven't made the time to read each and every page. Huckman (Mike) races locally with me and is a huge proponent of the Zero S. Unfortunately, I only get to chat with him on Saturdays when we're racing. LOL. Anyway, he and the rest of this thread has convinced me this is quite possibly THE best bang for the buck when it comes to belt-driven TC cars. I know I'm going to order the following with it:
  • Extra A-arms
  • Extra hubs
  • Extra C-carriers
  • Extra A-arm mounts
  • Aluminum, vertical motor mount

I won't order a new top plate as I understand only a little mod is needed to use the stocker.

I see there are mixed opinions on whether or not smaller pulleys are needed. I think Mike slotted some screw holes and was able to get some loose and smooth front belt action. Any other thoughts on this?

I'll need a 4.6:1 FDR for the GT class I run and am currently running 48P gears in my shafties, but will most likely switch over to 64P with the Zero S. Has anyone run into any problems running small spurs? I see some of y'all have super huge pinions. I'm trying to avoid the extra rotating mass.