R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM
CristianTabush
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

More caster gives more mid and exit steering. Anti dive also takes away initial turn in. Both of which are elements of the Hebert set-up. He also runs the car wider in the front, another thing that increases stability into the corner over my personal set-up.

Typically I like very aggressive set-ups, but this one was quite balanced. I did try the higher roll center in the rear and the long link in the front. The long link made the car have non-linear steering. It was like the front pulled around the rear end. The higher rear roll center made the car too flat for my liking and actually made my lap times slower, so I went back to the 0B all around. I tend to like a very particular feel for my car with quite a bit of body roll. It makes me not overdrive the car and allows me to run the tightest line around the circuit, which is typically my driving style. I tend to like my car to feel like a double one way car. This was the best driving carpet car I have had to date.