R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy!
Thread: Reedy!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Hey Rick this is Kelly English an acquaintance of yours off/on for 25 years since Briggs Cunnigham, Hot Tracks in the L.A. area

I have a question?

The Reedy race is quite popular and important race for new to Pro racers

Since turn outs are lower these days can 12th be assimilated into the Reedy race?

All other large races have 12th except the Reedy and your roots are in 12th which is why I ask you since you have been a big part of the beginnings of 12th scale and even had your own company that at one time focused on 12th motors primarily *Double green dot*
It might even help with Reedy marketing/sales and bring more people into RC that are not big fans of TC but love 12th scale

It seems to kinda be on comeback a little with even more competitive 12th cars available than TC cars currently available and wonder if you would also think it would be good to add 12th since Reedy motors we're initially designed for 12th in the electric beginning of RC racing

Nice to see you are still racing and still kicking butt!!

Later
Hey Kelly of course I remember you! 1/12 on asphalt has been a hard sell lately. We hope that the RROC will grow again and we feel it will but even at its biggest a 160 person field is about all that we can handle. It is worth exploring but I bet we could not get 15 guys to race 1/12. If the race was on carpet it could possibly be something that could be popular.