R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 AM
MDawson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
Laptev settings use longer links right? and different ackermann hole in steering block. Its extremely different from Steen setting. If I make the camber link 1.5mm longer on my Xray its massive. The difference here is like 4mm.

With the long links they are longer than the wishbone, so camber gain is...opposite way of every other TC. Can't imagine what that would be like. Also no stabiliser bars.

Got a feeling I've bitten off more than I can chew. Could easily get lost in the set up, its like a different language. Took me a long, long time to find my basic set up which works for me.

Will start with Steen basic carpet set up on Tuesday, I have no idea what to expect
I tried Steens IIC set up with both the long and short links The longer links made the car really stable on carpet - will add this to my notes to try outdoors. The stock ackerman positions - outside link made the car wash out initial to mid. The inside link provided more initial of the two.