R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Jonny5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
for the reason you mention, it DOES matter if one of the thrust washers is larger!! The larger of the 2 needs to be seated against the snap ring.Some of the issues people are having could be the result of using the smaller of the 2 washers against the snap ring. Combine that with having the snap ring in "upside down' so to speak so the rounded edge is the one carying the load and i can surely see where this could cause the issues some are having with the snap ring coming unseated from the groove it rests in.
Would you care to explain why you think this? I'm not saying it isn't so, but the orientation of the washers should not matter provided that the races are pretty facing the caged thrust. There is a set dimension of the bore that the thrust assembly goes into, defined by the outdrive and the circlip. There is also a set dimension of the thrust assembly- whether you have the larger washer in the hole first or last does not change the overall dimension, nor does it affect the depth at which the diff bolt rests. Maybe I'm missing something. I totally agree that the orientation of the circlip is crucial, but the way I see it the washers should not affect anything. Maybe I'm missing something..