R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - charging AA NIMH ..Help pls
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 01:56 AM
ceong
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cole Trickle
If it was fully charged (noty likely) it's abnormal... Theoretically, if the pack was fully charged, it'll take about 5-6 hours discharging them at 0,5 amps... Discharging at one amp, should take about 2,5-3 hours.

Personally, I've always charged my NiMh AA's with 1 amp/discharged at 1 amp. Works fine untill they get very old... But NiMh's definately dont like being stored for prolonged time.

How old is the pack? Has it been stored for a long time? What brand? Might there be some bad connections in the setup? Do your charger work fine with other NiMh's?

Do you have a separate voltmeter? If there's one bad/dead cell among them, this particular one would likely have significantly HIGHER voltage during charge and significantly LOWER during discharge...

If you dont have a voltmeter, you could try charging and then discharging the cells one by one - provided your charger support charging single cells. This might prove if it's only a few or all cells having problems. Do take a while of course, so the next suggestion might work easier

Another option could be that you could leave the pack on trickle charge for 3-4 hours, and then try a regular charge...
I have tried to Trickle charge at 50mA... Peak sensitive at 8mv
same result ... after 10 minutes End Delta peak message came out ! or I should set the peak sensitive to zero or higher?