R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Ta06
Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 AM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HUCKMAN
I'm not too concerned about weight because I would just buy a carbon graphite chassis conversion from exotek. What I really want to know is the handling characteristics... Do you own a TA06 pro?

Soooo. Let's try this again...

Ok, Everyone is switching to AE tc6's at my local track and I really don't care for associated stuff. However, they handle like a dream from what I've observed as they are my competition...(I run a Sakura zero) I have always been a Tamiya fanatic and loved the last one I owned long ago (Trf 415 Reinhard, great car for the time) Now this ta06 pro impresses me so much that I want to buy one today! I hate getting a kit that I'll be dis-enchanted with it's handling characteristics after I build it!

So, expert guys, (WHO OWN A TA06 PRO) How will this car fair against a tc6 as far as the class I run in????

Here's my equipment: (BLINKY CLASS)
LRP sxx tc spec v2.0
thunder power 17.5
thunder power 5000mah 65c 2s lipo
futaba 3pl 2.4hgz
And many choices of servos

I'm itching to buy this kit, so thanks for your credible advice in advance!

Mike
if weight is not an issue since you'll be getting the conversion kit, then i'd say go for it. i own a ta06 pro and the car handles very well after a bit of adjustment to fit my local track's condition.

i am running blinky class 17.5 in my club. so far the top guys are running a mix of ta06, ta05, 417, xray, tc6, tc5, etc. our lap times are within less than a second to each other (except the xray guy, but he is a much more skillful driver). i think the tamiya ta series is definitely competitive, and i can only imagine it going faster after a carbon fiber conversion.

i am actually really interested in how the ta06 feels comparing to a modern standard chassis layout such as what you have (sakura zero). so if you decide to get a ta06, please let us know how it runs comparing to what you drove before.