R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:58 AM
WildManDriving
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
I'd stick with 2,4mm and not bother about it.

the rear width of the car should NEVER in any case be wider than the front.

If you where to measure a Yokomo, a HB (team setup!) or a Tamiya you will find that all there cars frontends are 1-2mm wider than the rear-ends.
This is the reason why the cars are actually good.
A wide rear width will feel like a bit more steering initially in you first few laps. But crucial things like cornerspeed, corner flow, precision and aggression get reduced drastically.

If you build the car as per team setupsheets (2.5 front spacers, 1.5/0.5 (with alloy mounts!) rear spacers with a .5 shim against the rear hex) you will find that the cars is 1.5mm wider at the front than it is at the back.

This is spot-on trackwidth and apart from Ride tires (where you should use an additional .5 spacer against all hexes) is not to be altered.
Thank you for your experienced input and the tip on Ride tires, as I'm attending 13.5 at TITC.
I'm 0.5 wider at rear blocks, but will try the change. I'm also using HPI pink springs with the soft weave chassis and 1.5 frnt/0.5 rear under the 4-groove links. Should I try a change there?
The track I'm mostly racing is small (tennis court + outer boundary), tight, smooth but large stone tarmac, outdoor at night, 16'c on MuchMore 32v.