R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:34 PM
hopsing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Ok, so I am posting from the track at the moment.... and have been here for 6 hours and have gotten a grand total of 10 laps on the track because I have been having nothing but nasty issues with my diff. It is built perfectly fine per the manual, and I have rebuilt it 3 times tonight here at the track (which is an amazing feet in and of itself considering there is 25 some odd screws that you have to pull in order to get it out)...

In my hand, the diff feels great. I can break it in and snug it down till its just tight enough, and toss it in the car. I get about 5 or 6 laps around the track, and out of NOwhere, "wam" the car will lose 100% power. What happens, is the center gear on the diff just spins free, and the outdrives sit still. If you grab both tires and spin them in opposite directions, the diff feels super super tight, but there is zero diff action.
3000 screws later, and the diff is out of the car... I disassemble the diff and pull it apart, but it looks fine in it's pieces. I can reassemble the diff all over again and get it back into the car... and it will do the exact same thing 5 or 6 laps later. I can't tell for the LIFE of me what is failing in the diff... all I know is this car is 2 steps away from the trash can ..

Anybody else having this issue? The diff was flawless its first two track days... today, i have 6 hours of wrenching for 5 minutes of track time. BAHH!!
Remember my post on page 101, had the exact same issue you have Brandon (you even quoted me about the diff problems). If your read it, I found the snap ring not engaged in the groove inside the diff.....pushed and popped it back into place, and good so far after two 5 minute quals and a 6 minute main. My diff had its problem after two runs originally. If the snap ring isnt engaged fully in the outdrive it will pop out when you tighten the diff screw and everything will bind up in the middle and then spread the outdrives apart which is why the diff gear can wobble and spin free even though the diff feels tight.

And its RM3......