R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC
Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Keven H
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Geberit
Have some problems with my TC6 on a mid-high traction carpet. On two places it's bumpy. At the entry of corners I have lack of steering and at the exit chassis roll (car flips when throttle applied) I was running a 13.5T motor and Levanens set-up from Warsaw only the ride height was 5,5mm front 6,0mm rear because otherwise the car bottom's out. When I add some steering the car had even more tendency to flip bit the steering at the entry was better.

It would be nice to know in witch direction to work ...

Thanks for help, Lojz
Hi, the main thing I would do is try to lower the ride height. A car that bottom out is not always a bad thing, sometimes it can help handling. The other thing I would try is reducing the droop ! going to around 1.5mm uptravel all around. If that is not enough, the other thing I would try is moving your front and rear shock in on the tower 1 hole and see what that does. Hope this helps Keep me posted on if it helped any, if not we will go some other route !

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hey Kevin,
Why drill your shock caps?
How does it improve the "feel"?

Dave.
Lately I have been running my shock cap std not drill. the main difference when I drilled the cap was that it was easier to build a dead shock with no rebound. Lately I have been running about 25% rebound pretty much everywhere.