R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What car for the 2012 season?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 12:15 PM
am
Tech Master

A lot of guys were switching to Kyosho late seasson. Some drove JQ car some drove Durango and a couple will change from Mugen to Kyosho.

What we saw from the guys switching from the Durango to Mp9 was that they suddenly became faster drivers and did less mistakes.

I drove Losi for two years, and this year a Mugen. I would say that the Mugen is a car that for me is faster. It has a wider range of setups that works very good, while i felt Losi had a much smaller window for were it were fast. Losi was also more on its toes and could not be driven as hard before making mistaks.

if i would change from Mugen, the ony were i would go is Kyosho. I belive in the strong brands witch have been around for ages. The only lemon Kyosho made was the first MP777. Even TKI international guys i have spoken to was not satified with that car and was faster with the old K3. But, it seems that the Mp 9 is alot more fragile than the Losi and Mugen. The last race in Norway, atleast 4 kyoshos broke front arms in the finale and semi finales.. Obnly car that breaks more is JQ, but guys here in Norway do not have all updated plastics.

What is more important is, parts avalability, several guys runnign the same car as you, so you can get help with setups. Theese are more important factors than the chassis itself.