R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Cpt.America
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
More diff issues...but let me start by saying I love the car. The fit and finish is awesome, materials are high quality, and the overall build was a good one. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to put in any laps because of my diff problems. I have no problem admitting I am no diff guru and have never been able to build the "perfect" diff, but I have been building them since gold pan RC10's were around so I do understand how they work and how they go together. I am on diff build number five now (counting the initial build) and it does nothing but slip. Even fully locked (or what should be fully locked) I get immediate diff bark as soon as I pull the trigger. The shim between the bearings is in place, rings sanded, thrust washer races are facing the balls, black grease on thrust assembly and diff lube on diff assembly. The only thing that strikes me as odd is that the thrust bearing is only caged on one side, is this normal?

-rocky b
If that is the case, you have built something very very wrong... usually when diff issues like this show up with a diff like this one, the problem usually stems around the thrust assembly in regards to it's position with the circlip. You have the thrust assembly sitting inside the outdrive, and the circlip holding it in place, yeah? You have the shim in-between the two smaller bearings in the middle?