R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:30 PM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
It seems that the fgx is seriously fast even with low gearing(3.53fdr), and it will get down to 2.37fdr, which can gear a 25.5t easily !!! Good job 3racing !!! Also no car was made to hit walls... The track owners/builders have to do a better job building non destructive tracks...
1) Where are you coming up with these numbers? @3.53 with the current gearing, as mentioned by the driver who actually has tested the car, can use more gear meaning smaller spur, larger pinion. Temps at 150* with a 21.5 2S in my experience is safe, but pretty hot. With the correct gearing that car will probably never get over 125*. Why do I say this, because a 21.5 doesn't pull a ton of current and generates less heat. The heat in that test was probably due to revving the motor a little high because of the burnout range FDR.

2) What testing or evidence do you have to back up all your wild claims for FDR? Please show your math and give some reasoning. I made a logical guess because the motor in the picture was as far out as it could go in adjustment, the pinion was as large as it could get and I counted the teeth until my eyes crossed, and the spur was the the stock kit 43 tooth. Knowing these facts I was able to chart the logical starting point for FDR. FDR only matters with rubber tires, so I still calculate Rollout. The rollout/FDR I came up with is right in the ballpark with what the UF1 guys were running with their 21.5s with rubber tires. A couple teeth up or down and tune to your style and it should be an awesome ride.

As long as we run indoors, soft walls will be out of the question. Layout space on carpet is a premium with as little to no dead space as possible. Expect to break parts. Period.

3) What do you recommend as a crash barrier that can stop a car from going head first into a lane of oncoming traffic and ruining everyone else's race?

If you object to any of my math or testing experience, please use facts! My 4 TA cars (2 are still 21.5), 17.5 TC blinky, 17.5 TC open, 2 F1 cars(1 21.5 1 silver can), 12th scale and 13.5 WGT are just waiting for you to prove where I've gone wrong in my calculations.