R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What car for the 2012 season?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
CoelhoPTM
Tech Apprentice

Default What car for the 2012 season?

Hello: I do not want to start another debate on wich car is better once that I really now that each car as weak points in somewhere and all can be fast. However I would like to hear some of the most experienced racers of this forum.
I live in Portugal and I will race the local Regional Championship next year. I currently own a Losi 8ight 2.0 EU and I must say I really like the car and I don't understand how some people says that it's not resistant enough. Must say that I really had some bad landings over more than a year with my Losi and I NEVER broke or bend a single part. Only thing I found is that turnbuckles strip the rod ends but I've found a soluton for that and of course the ball ends wear out pretty fast because they're alum made. All said about the Losi, wich I love, but I would like to run a different car next year. So the question is: what is the best option? Now I'm really into Kyosho because a friend of mine owns one and I must say the car feels like glued to the ground. Don't get me wrong I can be really fast with the Losi but when I drive the Kyosho it just feel like I can be faster with much less effort. The car just feels more forgiving and it sure is well finished. Also I tried the Serpent the other day but I don't lean much to it because it seems hard to find a "all-around" setup like you can do with the Losi or the Kyosho. Those 2 really adapt to everything with pretty much the same setup. I also thought about the mugen mbx-6r and after that we have a lot of new cars: the S-Workz looks interesting and even the new Optima K1 looks well finished.
Now I would like to hear from others experience. Must say that the budget isn't a problem and that I can get parts from pretty much every car brand.