R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 AM
losi8lunie
Tech Adept

Hi All

I posted the question below in the off road section but no one seems to be able to chip in so thought i'd try this thread

Im having a problem with my EZrun 5.5 combo that has upuntil this point always ran cool as has the motor, its running in 1/10 buggy and has been running fine until the last couple of meetings where it keeps cutting out after about 4 minutes to 5 minutes and means i dont finish the heat. The motor and ESC now feel warmer than before even though the wether is colder.

Its not thermalling as the green LED isnt flashing and after about a minute it will work again or sometimes if i spin the rear wheels by hand. Its amost like its failsafe mode as the steering is still working ok

I've tried rebinding and resetting and stil the same, also differnet radio and reciveer and a spektrum cap but still does it. The battery voltage is about 7.6v when it does stop.

Hav also tried turning off the LVC - no improvement. the only other thing i can think off is if one of the capcitors has gone down but i cant find a spare part in the UK for this.

Or would an external BEC (not exactly sure how this works) be my next option otherwise i have to decide whether to get another ezrun combo or a 60A xerun instead to run with my 5.5 motor

My other question is regarding the Xerun 60a for 2wd buggy. I can afford to buy this version but not the 120a will it be ok with my 5.5t motor in std software mode or i have the option to run an 8.5t sensored motor - if i use this does anyone have any idea of the software version i should use, FDR and what boost, timing and turbo settings would be good.

The track in the Uk we run on has a 40m straight and the 5.5t is fast enough so looking for some settings for 8.5t with boost that would give similar performance.

Thanks in advance

Lunie