R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - another noob to nitro
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:51 AM
ridinloudprod
Tech Adept

I dont think its rusted up. it all looks pretty clean. I can see the piston move up and down threw the glow plug hole and its silver. engin turns freely. When I pull on the pullstart I can feel some compression without any fuel or anything so thats good. I dont know If i got the linkage or not if not ill make one.. the guy I bought it from also threw in a traxxas tq controller, traxxas receiver, a couple other receivers, hand full of servos so IDK. Plus I got a couple servos and a extra controller and receiver. I just went to a 2.4 controller system for my rustler that I converted to brushless. so I can use my old controller and receiver from that if needed. I just ordered a quart of fuel a glow plug and a glow plug starter came to $28 shipped for the 3. we will see if I can get this car running. Only bad thing is I dont have a 3 channel controller to go with it. so I am going to try to rig up the throttle servo so when it goes into reverse it lets off the throttle and works the brake.