R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Nilks
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
Some chatter will be there at full lock for sure... but given from the list of what you've changed so far (i.e. everything!) to solve it, can only reason that that is the problem.

When you say you turned the steering down, was it on the bench? or on the track?

The rims themself are round yes? Have you tried a newer set of tyres since it occured, can't remember if you mentioned it or not. I mean, if you are running on carpet, tyres tend to last a while... so could simply be them out of balance. Otherwise running out of ideas!

HiH
Ed
The steering was turned down on the bench. I can try to turn down the steering and try the car on the track the next time I am at the track.

The rims are not perfectly round, no, but I have tried with a completely new set of tires and a set of Sorex tires, and the problem is there with all of them.

Originally Posted by ade_7
Have you tried looking at your wheelbase/ackerman settings? It looks like it starts to happen as the ackerman effect comes in.

I can't quite see in the video what spacers you are running so not sure if that might be anything to do with it?

Other than that I'm stumped.

Ade
I am running kit setup on that matter, but I can try to play around with that the next time at the track.

Originally Posted by Minami
does it also happen with your wheels off?
It's hard to tell. I think I can hear it without the wheels, and the wheels then increases the "problem". But honestly I am not sure.