R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Steve Weiss
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by StewartFan20
Hello,

I have a TC6 that will work OK for about the first 2-3 minutes of a race, the it gets real squirrely and unpredictable. The back end will sometimes snap loose, but not all of the time.

I have a Yokomo gear diff and I am wonder if I have the wrong fluid in it and it is heating up or breaking down at about the 2-3 minute mark causing issues.

I started out with 500 cst in the rear, but some of it as leaked out so it diffs pretty freely (it does need some TLC). I'm wondering if this is causing issues and I need to rebuild it with 500, or maybe thicker.

Am I on the right track with thinking it could be a diff issue? What diff fluid are other using in the rear diff on med - high traction?

Thanks in advance.
It's hard to make a diagnosis without knowing more information regarding the track, tires, and rest of the setup.

With that being said, I haven't run a yokomo gear diff, but I've run the spec R gear diff extensively and I've found running closer to 1000 cst seems to be about right for most situations.

Running lighter oil can definately make the car less stable getting into corners and if that, combined with some sort of strange setup or tire issue may cause your car to get loose a few minutes into a run.

Maybe try throwing something like 1000 in the gear diff and see what happens... if it doesn't help or make any difference at all, the problem might be somewhere else in your setup.

Hope this helps!