R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Prices on kits?
Thread: Prices on kits?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Jaz240
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
From what I have found out today, it is Federal law, not state law, however the state can add to it if they want. Under Federal law it falls under price fixation. The only way it can be different is like you say, you agree to it. I can't see anyone trying this in RC. RC falls under the want list not the need list. Way to much competition in this area of retail.

As for prices going up, the only price increases that we have been made aware of currently has been Traxxas and HPI/HB. These are increases across the board, not just selected items.
I think AE had a small increase as well. I know they recently sent out new MAP pricing which was not accepted with joy. Personally I think price fixing in RC would be a good thing. Ebay kit breakers have just killed the local hobby shops, and the big 3 on-line retailers get 80% of the rest of the business. You know as well as I that its a constant struggle for us little guys to make any money. Your only real hope is to constantly adapt your inventory to reflect what most locals are running, and then you have to have what they need in stock and be the same price as buying it on-line. There is no loyalty in this business either. Your best friend will buy a kit on-line if he can get it for $20 less than you can sell it for