R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ACT Model Car Racing CLub
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 02:43 AM
gdbdhb
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kingpops
Let me start by saying I do not care about what rules the mini's run to, as I hate my m05 more than any rc car I have owned, even more than my YR4 Yokomo..... and I will not race mini ever again. Not ever

You will find that the parity issues are much more to do with skill than equipment. the guys hosing the crowd with the "fast' gear will still hose the field with "normal" gear.

No doubt that the mini pins make the cars easy to drive, but so what? There is no rule saying I cannot turn up and run cut down low shore tyres on my tourer and use them for single runs if I want to, yet you expect a different set of expectations for the mini class.

My original contention is if you begin to further restrict the class to particular rule sets then it will ultimatley fail, and with such low numbers turing up for indoor making the cars harder to drive by restrictive rule sets will never increase attendance.

Something has happened in the last 18months to basically wither the indoor running to a few committed individuals. I cannot recall it ever being so consistently poorly attended-yet there is no reason for it as the best track surface and size is always available and the racing is now back to once a fortnight which should have pushed up demand. I have no love for carpet racing, but still partake sometimes, but the feel of the race meet is very different to when I first started that is for sure.

The club has lost members and occasional racers for some reason, but has done little to work on preventing that from what I can see. Not much is being done to keep and hold newbies either.... Or effective co-ordination for club organization.... or clarity of direction... etc etc(and yes I can go on and on about it!)
The discussion about the mini tire rules was brought on by the faster drivers to give the others a better chance at being a little more competitive.Drivers are and will still be able to use off road tires on their cars for this championship,as it was only a proposal to level out the playing field. As for the clubs direction and organization, we have just had our annual general meeting and voted in the committee, I noticed that we had very few takers for positions other than the incumbent members, maybe those that say we need change or direction should have voiced their opinions or offered to join the club committee. As we are a small club any and all help, opinions are appreciated and welcomed.