R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 PM
durtbag
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losidrvr
Hi guys I am not sure if this has been discussed or solved but I am having a issue with my arm mount bushings rotating inside the arm mounts which connect to the hinge pins. I have tried just about everything, including gluing them with CA, replacing them and even grinding the flat spot for a better fit. But they still rotate and create slop on the hinge pin. Any help would be appreciated
This is not a problem I've had, but the mounts do come loose because the plastic spacers don't seem to lock them well enough to the bulkheads, and the lack of thread engagment in the bulkheads(bolts to short). I have cured the issue (so far)by using the 3 dot mounts (shortest) in the "A" position (lowest).This will lower the roll centre .533mm from the 0mm R/C that the 0B mounts give. I have also replaced the plastic spacers with Bulkhead Shims from the RC12R5 (not my idea all the pro's seem to do this), replaced the 16-12mm BHC's with 18mm sockethead caps (may need 20mm for the rear/rear depending on the the amount of rear TOE IN) and used nylock nuts inside the bulkheads......this really locks the mounts. Two practice days and 2 race days and they have not moved.
The slightly lower R/C seems better.