R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:15 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Deepsouth
And which spur would you like them to put in the kit?
A suitable serpent one? I know its hard to pick one gear as every track is different...
I know what you mean, with a spur you can atleast finish the built. But these cars will be used for up to 3.5T mod racing as well as down to 17.5T, or even 21.5T stock.
So which spur to put in the kit then?.....

But really bigger then 100T is not possible, because then they will get larger in diameter then your rear tires....

Originally Posted by Deepsouth
M7H I noticed too in the manual for the 120LT there are some rear damper rods. I have never seen anything like these before and was wondering how they work and how you can tune them with different weight oil. I think the manual says 15000cst?
Most cars are built with damper "tubes" nowadays.
Filling them with 15.000cst is easy. You just fill those slots with the silicon grease, and put them together.
If you want to know if you need harder or softer damping, just remove 1 tube, to get half the damping, and see how the car reacts on that, then you know which way to go.
I have 10.000 and 20.000 in my box (for my pro10 car), 10.000 left and 20.000 right is also 15.000 (just for testing the car reaction)....
I don't have the tubes yet in my S120, because I don't have the LT yet....