R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
grippgoat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hey guys i know this is a schumacher thread so im sure every one loves the car here ....but the reason for my post is im looking for another touring car and i want something other then tamiya.......sooooo ive narrowed it down to the schumacher which looks sick and has a great rep......but xrays latest tourer is pretty sick and has a goood rep too and last is the tc6 just because it looks comparable and about 100 cheaper .....im just looking for opinions from guys who run the schumacher now but have experience with the other brands and could give me some honest imput.
The only modern TC I've owned is the two Mi4 LP's. It's definitely a good car. After two years, I'm starting to get within .5sec/lap of the fastest guys at my club. I have a thing for purple anodizing, and I like the diff mounts and motor clamp.

The 2nd biggest negative for me is that parts are expensive, but I don't break things as much as I used to. Once in a while I can't find a US vendor with something basic in stock. The biggest negative is that no-one drives them around here, so I don't have setup support.

If you're looking at used TC's, Mi4s and sometimes LP's can be had for $200 or even less, and at that price, they're really, really hard to beat. Not sure what prices are like on used T3'10 and T3'11.

If I were going to buy a new TC right now, though, I don't think I'd get another Schui. I'd get either an Xray or a TC6. That's what the really fast guys at my club drive, with seemingly more shift towards TC6 lately. The Xray parts are just as expensive, if not moreso, than the Schui parts. But the Xray is more durable, and my LHS stocks the basic wear parts. TC6 is cheaper, and it's a potentially less clean build, but all the parts are cheap and available locally, and it's fast.

But, I'm still doing quite well with the Schui, so I'm gonna stick with it.

-Mike