R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hotbodies D8S
Thread: Hotbodies D8S
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM
redbones
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg B
The basic D8 was a good car. It did need a little diet but for me and I'm sure it speaks for others when I say the 3mm chassis might be a little to light as it takes weight from the bottom of the car. The Hara to me is very twitchy. Of course most of it can be dialed out with setup. The ability for it to oversteer is what kills most people.
The best possible setup that I ever found is the designer (Josh Alton) setup that is found on the Hot Bodies website. Regardless of what your opinion might be when you see it, just try it. It works well for those of us that don't have deer like reflexes.

Like I stated, the D8S might not be what the racers are looking for but RTR sells and this is a business. For the price, $400 range depending on dealer, this is a pretty decent deal for a RTR buggy with a proven design with a backbone that won the 2008 worlds.
I believe that loose is faster, if you can control it. I still have a long ways to go in that department I also like tessman's base setup too.

To me, RTR is ok, but you still should take apart the car and check to see if is built properly. I've seen many instances where the car was not put together properly, and ended being a double job for the user.