R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 03:28 AM
Blue Screw
Tech Regular

Like saidin a earlier post if theres play in the kingpin add a shim to a certian extent.. dont add a bunch and preload the front spring... Take the spring off and measure the spring with a set of dial calibers If my memory serve me right i believe a new set of 1/12 AE spring should measure 24.5... i think thats it i have it written down somewere inmy notes but after so many runs its wise to change spring to a new fresh set and throw the old ones out so they dont get mixed up. I know all of my sponsored race buddies including myself change front spring every 2 to 3 runs specially in mod.. Some actually change to a new set every run and then just keep them for club racing.. In my opinion the 2nd run feels the best.. Just because there broken in and give just the right amount of front droop with the stock setup inwashers... So what i do prob sounds goofy and urprob like wow he nuts. When wet to large indoor carpet races like nat,snowbirds,and cleveland i would prerun the springs in.. kinda like u do with tires run the set in prac then mark it and do another set the next round. then use them for qual and the main... Another tip measure the thickness of the spring as sometimes there off and you could get a 18 spring and a 20 spring together or a 19 and a 20.
But i will say this it seem they changed suppliers or changed the grade of the springs cause this year i change sponsor and sign with AE an and when i ordered my kits and parts i order a bunch of .20 front spring and open the all and measured them so i could match them and they were all perfectly the same and the color is a little different as with the ones last year they were sooo inconstistant and that what got me making sure they were the matched and wore out very quickly..