R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:58 AM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

On high bite I like 16.5/15.5 front and 14.5 rear Reflex springs. For lower grip carpet and asphalt I like 14.5 front/12.5 rear, also Reflex springs.

On low grip asphalt and carpet I start with 20-30wt shock oil in the rear gear diff so it doesn't rotate as hard. When bite comes up, so does the thickness and I'll go to 70-80wt shock oil/1000 diff oil.

I have never used swaybars on the car. Personally I think it can be unnecessary weight and they can tweak. However, there are times they can be used. I just don't like them

I generally run 6* caster blocks with 1* camber front, and 1.5-2* rear.

Make sure you drill the 1mm so that it doesn't get too close to the edge of the bladder and such.

500k oil seems the equivalent of cleaning putty/eraser and works good. If you prefer putty/eraser be sure to add a bit of oil for lube.

I'll get pictures later! Still have to unpack from last night!

And the gear diffs held up to a 3.5 Orion brushless quite well. 70wt shock oil rear, putty/500k front. I wound up with the slipper spool up front for the main to get a bit more steering. I can see dual gear diffs working well on high bite carpet!