R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Damon_English
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsinclair
My outdoor short course racing season is over today. My only tires on the front for the season were dd's, and for the rears I'd switch between dd's and calibers. I like the dd's, but more than half the lugs are ripped clean off, and my calibers look brand new. Both of the sets have seen the same amount of use. Should I buy another set of dd's and hope they hold up? Or try something new?

Thanks;

Josh
Honestly, if you do not want to spend the money, then learn to drive better with the calibers. If they do not get enough grip, then make SMALL changes to the car, and adjust your driving style a bit. If you want a tire with comparable features as the DD's, try the Subcultures. Although a little weak on the endurance side internally for mod SCT, they have a 3 staged pattern which is helpful to lower cost because you will replace them less. I also learned that the further down the tread was worn, the better traction I had(slippery, smooth track). It also helps if you run stock classes, because there is a lot less tire spin.