R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3CSLDreamin
have you had an issue with traction rolling?
Note at the track I'm racing on at the moment... but at TITC, as Jonest mentions there was. Have to say, haven't felt any issue like that yet though.

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Yup they are compatible. I have fitted the gear diff in my sons 416.

Ed, I also have fitted split blocks and a cut top deck. I found the split top deck made the car feel slightly unpredictable. However I am running on carpet with front ball diff etc.

However the car was fantastic. Just missed out on FTD by 3 seconds, it wasn't the car at fault but myself (hangover).
I've been running the cut top-deck for a while, haven't had a chance to try it with the split blocks until today though (wanted to do it only with both front and rear). Personally, didn't find the top deck to make the car unpredictable, just seemed to give more rear traction, which I think is down to the rear cross piece contributing more to the stiffness of the top deck than the front. Similar to my theory on why the split blocks seem to give more steering (removing the front brace gives a more flex to the front, relative to the rear).

I'm with you though... really surprised just how much more it gave the car. I was expecting an improvement, but if anything the split blocks are a bigger step than the top deck... glad I got the opportunity to test the different combo's today.

Also ran a v2 gear diff for the first time.. did I notice any difference between that and the spec-r? nope... but will have to give it time on the rebuild front