R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 AM
2wdrive
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tallyrc
what's your opinion of that hobbywing esc?
it is a very good esc.

-updatable
-good ballanced power delivery "smooth"
-easy to program all parameters with the small LCD box that fits in your pocket. With the LCD setup box it is a breeze to change a setting on the fly.
-price friendly
-easy to figure out what each parameter does and it is vissible on the track or temperature wise.
-good communications with a hobbywing representative here on rc tech.

In fact in the pro10 class at my club many have switched to Hobbywing just for the above mentioned reason. See statement above

It is the same for the 1/12 class that is being driven in the winter overehere. There are many that use the hobbywing 1s 120A esc with build in voltage booster.

For outdoor applications I would advice always to buy the biggest esc you can get for you money. The 120A v2.1 instead of the 60A v2.1 for instance. For me the extra capacity translates in less heat in 10.5t applications and better fett life and power delivery.. The cooler the electronics the better and it is always possible to stick a mod motor in if you feel like going even faster. The price diverence is not that shocking.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 10-02-2011 at 11:26 AM.