R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:48 AM
Pattojnr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I had no experience with gear diffs before owning this car but all the testing I have.done has.told me the.opposite is.true. The two gear diff has very constant performance giving you he same.amount of limited slip effect regardless of how much diff action is going on. When you run the 4 bevels you get an increased limited slip effect in realation to how.much diff action is going. To me the 4 bevels is more like a ball diff in how.it drives. You can also get away with a lighter diff when using 4 bevels bit still get drive off corners.

In the end it depends on what you need as to what is better but most people who have one.locally has put in the extra bevels when I suggest it to the and find it a better car to drive.
My point was aimed elsewhere. But you are correct. 4 gears feels like a ball diff. the point being a 2 gear diff is not a draw back from purchasing this kit.
every track is different, grip levels , driver preference. it isnt right or wrong to use either 2 or 4 gear. it is purley an option as to which way you go, there fore i dont feel its required to have this option in the kit.

in gas when diffs got smaller, we used thicker oils to get the same feel, less fluid capacity mean we had to go thicker oils. so will that transfer to 2 and 4 gears ? if it doesnt rain tommorow, i am testing this out, 2 and 4 geared diff with the same oil, same conditions same tyres. we have had limited running here due to this bad weather every 2nd Sunday ! today was a nice day , lots of sun, we need to change our sundays , hahaha