View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 09:45 PM
kevin2
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Front-end problems

Originally posted by JayBee
I'M AT A COMPLETE LOSS AND STUCK ON STUPID

any suggestions....
Well I tried something else..... I took the wheels off to see if I still had the problem, and guess what, I don't. So instead of putting the wheels back on (I kind of figured I have a balancing problem), I put just rims on instead. And whadduya know, SAME PROBLEM .

I did try to mess with all the trims last night and it fixed some centering probs I've had, but nothing else.
And the spindle suggestion, I haven't tried because the 'bump' on it is about 1.5mm from the C-hubs (carriers).
Being that nothing shakes up front when there's no weight on the axles is QUITE PERPLEXING .
I know part of R/Cing os tinkering with the car... but I'm all tinkered out. I'm ready to give up on this DAMNED CAR [/B][/QUOTE]

When i first built the car had a similar problem. I didnt put grease in the right spot in the CVD, and it would lock up when it would turn to a certain spot and would lift the suspention up so every time the wheel moves the whole suspention started to shake like crazy. I put grease in the CVDs and never had the problem again. so check if the CVDs move freely.
Hope this helps.
Kevin