R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by halayli
Ok so here's the problem I am facing, no matter what I do, unless I change the link attachment on the right to be longer, the right wheel will always point outward more than the left as shown in the picture attached.

I am 100% sure that the link attachments are exactly the same length as I have measured them several times using a caliper and I also tried to swap them with no difference.

Logically the link attachments must be the same length. Any suggestions to solve this issue?
Firstly... put the links on the rear holes on the hubs... this will make the steering better, trust me

Next, with the links the same lengths... adjust your servo sub-trim on your transmitter so the steering is in the middle. If the horn cants more towards the centre of the car, don't worry.
The other option is to length the link between the servo horn and the steering, so it becomes more central.

You can actually see in that shot that the bell-cranks are pointing to the left of the car, hence why it looks like the right wheel is steering more to the right.

Just have a play around with it, and get a feel for what adjusting each thing does to the steering.

This weekend I'm on holiday, so I'll try and add some pics to the guide to help.

Regards
Ed