R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheZoof
Hey all!

I am new to the Speed Passion family. I did my second race with 17.5 boosted and finally got some performance.

The first race was terrible as I couldn't get any speed out of the car. It turned out that it seems I was geared incorrectly.

Originally I had a ratio of 6.5.

Now 10.4.

The track is 60' x 48'.

Now the good news is I am getting power from my car. The problem is I seem to loose power on my MMM motor about 3 minutes into the run. The temperature is at about 150 after I check it so most likely over heating.

My question is regarding timing on the physical motor... should I be putting the timing as low as possible since the speedo does all the boost? I also am curious about the MMM for 17.5 boosted class. Would it not be better to use my older lower timing motor for more torque?

If I decrease the timing on the motor it should give more low end power and less heat. The top end should be similar if I increase the boost settings on the esc?

What do you think... ?
I have never seen anyone run 10.4 final drive on on road especially in stock...that is like an off road 1/8th buggy in MOD final drive. Are you sure the 10.4 final is correct..? If so...you are way way way way way way way undergear.