R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 09-23-2011, 10:03 PM
bkspeedo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING

no it's not an issue with the esc or the motors the problem lies in the software were we have a very high sensitivity sensing for the sensor port of the esc and because of the very high currents in low turn motors and the turbo functions that give us enormous power as well as high end bell adjustment the signal from the motor to the esc is distorted in some way or the other thus the esc cannot process a clean signal and sending the esc to sensorless mode as it has detected a low signal from the motor because of the high currents so we are in the process of producing a lower sensitivity sensing in the software ill keep you informed .

regards Angelo
It's funny the Hobbywing folks found this to be a problem and not Speed Passion. I posted about this same issue on the SP thread several months ago. This issue occurred with my SP v2 and 2 motors, X12 & MurffDog. They said it was the sensor boards in the motors. The motors work fine with a Tekin. So i knew it was not the motors but the ESC.

Good job Hobbywing finding a solution to this issue. Just bought a ExRun 1s looking forward to giving it a try.