R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 11:23 PM
monkeyracing
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry about the really short answer earlier. Was sipping a coffee and typing on my phone.

The thing about the traction compound (Jack, Sticky Fingers, SXT) is that it's essentially camping stove fuel/naptha/an oil product, so it's going to make your tires slimy for the first few laps and mess up the track, too. Your track probably has a rule regarding wiping tires down before you place them down. If it doesn't, suggest it. This stuff won't help lay down a groove, it'll just make the track nasty. (sounds like it may be too late!)

If you wipe the tires down, they'll warm up and gain traction a little sooner and won't pick up so much crap. They'll also feel more consistent through your run, especially when combined with a planted back end.

For the servo saver, I'd suggest one made by Kimbrough. They're damn near bombproof and will last much longer than the wonky, random L/R Tamiya ones. You may have to drill your own hole in it for the ball stud, but it's worthwhile. I'd suggest the large or x-large heavy duty model.

I hope this helps you out.

Jim