R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 05:35 PM
evilancer
Tech Initiate

I got a chance to get my M05 to the track to try it out today, and I have a few concerns with it. Now, this is coming from someone that has no previous experience racing indoors on carpet, or any experience driving these cars either, i'm just getting into it.

My car is an M05 pro, and I'm running the S grip radials on all four corners. They use Jack the gripper traction compound, so I bought a can of it and applied it to the tires.

The handling of the car seemed to be very inconsistant. The first couple of laps I would do, the car will push, but then it starts handling pretty nice. And for quite a few laps I can pretty much keep the throttle pinned, and it handles great. Then it starts to come un-glued and the back end starts to kick out, especially on low speed corners. Am I over driving the car and making the tires greasy? i also wasn't prepared for how messy it was going to be running the traction compound, just touching the tires after a run and my hands are black, and it seems to get all over everything too! What a pain!

My next question is about the servo saver. Sometimes I will tap the boards and the car will start to feel twitchy and steer really weird, so I bring it over and find the servo saver has come apart, so i have to go and take it apart, re-align the tab and push it back together. This happened quite a few times and started to really get annoying. Should i just put a Kimbrough style servo saver on it? Or is there something I can do to this one to keep it from doing this? thanks

Jon