R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Blue Screw
Tech Regular

monkeyracing...

its cool.. i actually get that alot on here... thank you for the help and advise. The track i am running on is a 60x40 carpet track with almost all 180 and as the year progesses there wont be a striaght at all..
A long time ago we had the same class but hey didnt have the m-05 carit was the older one and a good friend of mind (RIP) pretty much hadthe best cooper i ever seen.. he ran about 4 or 5 oz of lead in the front lp tires and widen the car, plus we cut his stock springs i think a coil or 2 forget but car had no body roll or did it traction roll...

what the diff between the 2 kits?
and are the stock spring the sam i know they were silver..

also can someone explain the effects of the swaybars on a fwd car

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Well, in that case, I suppose all you can really do is look for places to gain efficiency. Keep the gears dry or use a tiny squirt of spray silicone on them. Be sure the bearings are super clean, with only a single drop of light oil in them. Run the suspension and alignment as low and as neutral as you can get away with to gain a little speed. Then tweak to suit your driving style. RC-MINI.NET is the absolute gospel of minis. As far as making the car lighter, that may not be the best idea, depending on your track. Some have found minis like a little junk in the trunk to help them stick.

My apologies if I offended with the snappy comment on grammar, etc. I was cranky.

Jim