R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will you buy RPM arms for MBX6-T?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Stubbs
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc skyline
+1

Joe is right

I have broken about 4 or 5 lower front arms in a solid 2 years of racing the 6T and only when i have made a mistake such as clocking a fence or concrete block at speed

Just think what i would have bent or broken if the arm did not give way....

I honestly beleive the only reason people think the front lower arm on the 6T is poorly desinged etc is because its about the only breakable part of the truck, Moral of the story is the truck is bullet proof and if the arm did not break you would bend or break your hinge pin or other associated components
There's actually a good logic to why this would be a good thing. If the hinge pin bends, even though the handling would be compromised, the vehicle could likely finish the race. Finishing slower is better than not finishing at all.

Coming from the O'Donnell vehicles, which has arms stronger than the one on the Toyota Tundra I drive to work, I experienced this several times during the period that I was raicng with the Z01-T.

Heck, while at the PNB this year, I was tapped from behind while in the air on the big jump on the front straight. My truck came from 15-20 feet in the air, and landed nose down, squarely on one front wheel. This impact would surely have broken a Mugen arm, but in my case, the hinge pin bent, but did not hamper the truck enough to cause me to have to stop.

Even with the arm issue, fuel tank issues, etc...my new vehicle is an MBX6-T. If RPM decides to make arms for it, I'll give it them shot. I agree though, some minor tweaking of the design around the "weak area" on the Mugen parts would be very much welcome.