View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:18 AM  
Eightoffroader
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldmarshal View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, i will definitely do some research on those RTR's.

As for buying used, the only reason i considered it is because, the guy has over 40 RC's, and is looking to seriously downsize, and is willing to give me a good deal on many of them. So i figured, even if its junk, i wont be down the hole too much. And if i do get any from him, it would be as rollers, and i would add my own servo's, electronics and engine.

As for the mugen mbx5, would that be competitive today, since i know the mbx6 has been out for a while, and do they use many common parts, so parts availablity is not a big issue?

-Thanks.
honestly never owned a Mugen, got a few friends with them. But starting out you almost make any buggy competitive, just depends on the money you want to spend. You just need to get a buggy learn all you can(break it down, clean it what ever) and just drive. Get use to the throttle/Brakes, turning just the whole car then work on getting faster and the guy you are thinking of buying from sounds like a good guy to learn alot from