View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:52 AM  
Eightoffroader
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldmarshal View Post
Hi,

I am just getting into the 1/8 scale, currently running 1/10 scale. I need some input on some 1/8 buggies.

Since i am starting out, i do not need the latest and greatest models, just something competitive, not because i dont have the money, but i need something more to learn on and practice on.

I was referred to someone locally who is looking to downsize.

He offered to sell me a, Mugen mbx5, OFNA LX1, and two sportswerks mayhems.

I know these are older buggies, but i figure they would do for a season or two.

Just wanting some input on what would be the best choice, the mbx5, the lx1or the mayhem.

Thanks.
DON'T buy used, you would be better off and happier with the losi RTR, I had one the motors are good motors and when you get better put a turbo head conversion on it and you can run with the big dogs and alot cheaper. The only thing I saw was after a few crashes the servo's will go out, so go ahead and get you some good ones if you have the cash. i recommend High Voltage and a lipo Battery. And pick up a good battery charger that will charge lipo's. Venom has a good one with all the leads you need to charge every battery out there, Thats just what ive learned!!