R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Track in Northwest Florida
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 AM
lowlife88
Tech Regular

Default Update

Tomorrow will be the final vote at the city council meeting at 6:00pm in chipley. Everything looks great and should pass with flying colors. If anyone will be in the area and would like to attend, feel free to pm me for further information.
Also, it looks like we'll be removing the drivers stand and pit lane from the old RC Fun track in rohobeth possibly this weekend and transplanting it to the new track location in chipley. Lenard from Country Guns (the new business were RC Fun was) gladly donated the drivers stand, pit lane and any tubeing left at the old location. Extra hands would be greatly appriceated if you have the time. As it stands after tomorrows vote, we'll have 50 acres to build floida's premier RC racing facility. Our goals include a 240' X 180' 1/8 nitro off-road track, a 120' X 80' 1/10 and Corr truck track, A large dirt oval with banked incline turns, Rock crawling coarse, and possibly a man made pond for some boat racing. The location already includes a Air field for those of you who fly planes already.
Obviously this won't happen over night, but with enough hands, hard work and some dedication, the northwest panhandle will be considered floridas racing hot spot. I look forward to opening day and to everybody I currently race with along with all the new faces and competition.