R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Infinite 12th
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
I don't really think so. You can mount the battery on either side, the chassis is drilled for KO/Futaba servos on the left so that puts the battery on the right. Even if the side the esc was on mattered, with the proper wire binding is not an issue.

Hey Kelly what's up?

Testing at NorCal will be coming soon, but there's no longer a carpet track there

This car is just a prototype, nothing is final yet.
Just excited about coming to watch a little 12th scale

If the battery is totally centered couldn't some vertical thin mounts to servo tape the esc and reciever to towards the back. Is there a reason people aren't doing that? So once battery is completely centered we'd have to simple mounts that screw to chassis that hug real close to battery and again regarding the esc it would be slightly higher than battery. What do you think. Only the esc would be slightly high but I think it would be cool

Looking from the front to the back the mounts would look like and L where the bottom of the L braces would have screw come through the bottom holding the L brace firm but with slight flex

And again the L braces would be as far back as possible...lol

And here is top view

I think this would be ideal design and ESC a little high would not affect anything since it's so far back

3D L brace model

You can call it the Kel Brace ...lol

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 09-06-2011 at 08:59 PM.