R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 08:11 AM
DanDan
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi hi,

My first post on Serpent forum, nice to meet you all.

Got my car for 3 meeting races, love the car so much.

Just some comments and experiences on gear diff:

I found my car is stable enough with 2 bevels + Xray 2000cst + 4 shims. Car has been ran more than 60packs and still going strong, for people who is still struggling with the rear grip on exit, I strongly recommend to start with the 411- basis - outdoor - D setup.

4 bevel gears would give better consistent feeling on the diff as I have found on my old 3racing Sakura, but with our metal gears diff it is a bit heavy compare to other brands. Hope some aftermarket brands will make some composite plastic gears in the future.

I also found running spool will give un-settle feeling during full lock turns (hairpin exit or slow/tight turns), especially on low to mid grip tracks, in most cases this could be fix by running front diff + heavy oil instead of spool, this will smooth out the exit but lose some corner speed on fast sweeper. One of my friend also run the serpent with the same setup as mine, but he is using front diff with kyosho 500000cst and I am still using Spool. test drove his car and feel easier to drive especially more trust on hairpin corners, but found spool still to be faster on my track.

Now my question:

Has anyone tested with standard 2 pieces motor mount and no middle screw on the top deck? Does the spur gear really strip? How does the handling feel after unscrew it?